Practical features of decorative tiles:
- The complete absence of harmful and toxic substances when the materials are heated;
- The high level of heat resistance and mechanical strength;
- The ability to design a variety of forms;
- The installation of the artificial stone greatly simplifies due to its light weight in comparison with natural stone;
- It is perfectly compatible with a variety of facing materials such as glass, ceramics and metal.
One of cheapest way is to use plaster. But it gives you possibility to create a lot of decorative effects. Using gypsum plasterboard, it is easy to diy fireplace mantel shelf. It is mounted on a metal frame. Plates are connected only to the vertical and horizontal elements. The basic criteria and factors in choosing the material are: color, appearance, texture of the stone, which must obligatorily fits into the composition of interior room design.
Here is fundamental chapter on fireplace mantels. We have the excellent source for fireplace mantels. Check it out for yourself! You can get DIY Fireplace Mantel Plans guide and see the latest Tips for Diy Fireplace Mantel Ideas in here.
A fake stone fireplace that is made of a good material can easily compete with a natural rock hearth. The latest design ideas for heaters made of faux material attract and impress. Contemporary ways for adorning living rooms and bedrooms include usage of faux materials that are easy in maintenance […]
The popularity of modern stone fireplaces in our time is constantly growing. What could be better than to return home in the evening, warm up by it and watch the fire? Fireplaces are getting more popular. Where and when did the first fireplace is hard to say. But today it can […]
Granite fireplace surround is one of the different other kinds of surrounds, which is totally made from granite. This material is considered to be firm and that is why the surrounding is quite durable. A fireplace is the main point of any house or flat, so it is very important […]