Practical features of decorative tiles:
- The complete absence of harmful and toxic substances when the materials are heated;
- The high level of heat resistance and mechanical strength;
- The ability to design a variety of forms;
- The installation of the artificial stone greatly simplifies due to its light weight in comparison with natural stone;
- It is perfectly compatible with a variety of facing materials such as glass, ceramics and metal.
One of cheapest way is to use plaster. But it gives you possibility to create a lot of decorative effects. Using gypsum plasterboard, it is easy to diy fireplace mantel shelf. It is mounted on a metal frame. Plates are connected only to the vertical and horizontal elements. The basic criteria and factors in choosing the material are: color, appearance, texture of the stone, which must obligatorily fits into the composition of interior room design.
Here is important advice on fireplace mantels. We have the cool step for fireplace mantels. Check it out for yourself! You can discover DIY Electric Fireplace Mantel guide and see the latest Tips for Diy Fireplace Mantel Ideas in here.
The brick fireplace remodel is one of the most widespread and popular ideas in the world of design. In most cases it includes only painting the bricks of a chimney place and it is a really wonderful idea for fast renewing the interior but it may not be as simple […]
Stack stone fireplace is a kind of the design among fireplaces that become very fashion during the last time. By the way, techniques of stone construction have been used since at least 4,000 B.C. for many centuries in ancient countries. It was extremely popular to tile mantelpieces and created a […]
If you made up your mind to do the painting brick fireplace, you should remember that it is not difficult to do but the maintenance of a fire spot will require you to paint the place again once in a few year to preserve pleasant colours and nice looks. The […]