Diy fireplace mantel will not only bring a lot of positive emotions, but also provide a unique opportunity to realize the dream of the most beautiful fireside in reality. Designed according to the rules the fireplace would you give the feel of warmth and coziness. To diy fireplace mantel designsis your opportunity to experiment and implement original ideas to life!
According to your plans, financial opportunities you should choose materials for facing the fireplace. Diy rustic fireplace mantel it is better to use a natural stone (granite, sandstone or marble). The granite is considered as the most expensive and rugged rock. In addition, it has another advantage – it is well lend to polish and easy in use during processing. The natural splendor does not leave anyone indifferent and it is quality for centuries. Decorative stones can completely simulate all the characteristics of natural materials, providing the convenience and ease of using.
Practical features of decorative tiles:
- The complete absence of harmful and toxic substances when the materials are heated;
- The high level of heat resistance and mechanical strength;
- The ability to design a variety of forms;
- The installation of the artificial stone greatly simplifies due to its light weight in comparison with natural stone;
- It is perfectly compatible with a variety of facing materials such as glass, ceramics and metal.
One of cheapest way is to use plaster. But it gives you possibility to create a lot of decorative effects. Using gypsum plasterboard, it is easy to diy fireplace mantel shelf. It is mounted on a metal frame. Plates are connected only to the vertical and horizontal elements. The basic criteria and factors in choosing the material are: color, appearance, texture of the stone, which must obligatorily fits into the composition of interior room design.